Scientific name: Coffee arabica
Common names: Coffee
Sanskrit name: Mlech-phala
Plant part used: Seeds
Uses of Coffee as per the Traditional Indian Medicine:
- Coffee is a palliative in spasmodic asthma, in whooping cough, delirium tremors, and hysterical affections and in the palpitation of the heart; it is highly recommended in cholera infantum; successful in chronic diarrhoea.
- Coffee and caffeine have been used as diuretic in dropsy.
- The alkaloid caffeine and its salts, e.g., caffeine, citras, caffeine soda benzoas, etc., are largely employed in medicine.
- It is said that in early stages of typhoid fever, coffee is almost a specific.
- Roasted coffee has disinfectant and deodorant properties.
- A strong infusion of Black coffee is useful as an antisoporific in cases of poisoning such as by opium, alcohol and other stupefying or narcotic poisons.
- Given in teaspoonful doses frequently at short intervals to patients after surgical operations it checks vomiting.
coffee, arabica, coffee arabica, extracts, extract, indus, herbal, chlorogenic, acid, green, caffeine, chlorogenic acid, name, which, seeds, with, green coffee, hplc, bean, coffee bean, that, body, levels, liver, used, long, uses, acids, caffeic, oxygen, radicals, also, helps, metabolism, total, acid hplc, bulk, flower, leaves, fruit, natural, extraction, plant, part, plant part, part used, used seeds, more, have, dark, seeds coffee, traditional, medicine, heart, been, properties, coffea, coffea arabica, coffee extract, contains, extract contains, most, caffeic acids, compound, free, free oxygen, oxygen radicals, than, when, regulate, helps regulate, boost, glucose, does, cafestol, diterpene, increases, over, increase, risk, disease, much, these, effect, levels liver, enzymes, liver enzymes, measured, especially, help, total chlorogenic,caffeine